July 14-20, 2019 San Bernardino Mountains, California
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF GURMAT STUDIES, INC. (IIGS) is a US based religious, non-profit and non-political Sikh organization,that has pioneered the Sikh Youth Camping Movement Internationally for the past 46 years.
On popular demand, IIGS is pleased to announce another excellent opportunity for 200 young Sikh women and men to come and learn about their great Sikh heritage, history and culture and, make a difference in their lives through this 7-day residential camp.
IIGS retreats are purely religious and known for providing an environment that disciplines,
inspires, educates and, fosters Sikh pride and universal brotherhood!
Nestled amidst towering pine trees, Camp Seeley is located at an elevation of about 4,500 feet, near Lake Gregory, about 80 miles from Los Angeles. The Camp is well equipped with wood Cabins, nice beds, modern restrooms/showers, a large swimming Pool, volley- ball and Basket ball courts, swings, slides and open grounds.
A seasoned team of counselors (both ladies and gentlemen) will look to the personal needs and training of all campers. A doctor-nurse team will also be present at the camp.
Come enjoy the peaceful surroundings, fresh mountain air and the tall whispering pines. Bring your friends along, have a great lifetime learning experience and a lot of fun too!
Age Limit: 8-25 years. Married Sikh couples, 35 and under are also eligible.
Camp Fee: $275 per person
CAMP ACTIVITIES/ TRAINING:
* Come develop love for Waheguru ji, the Ten Great Gurus, their Bani and Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
* Learn Kirtan/Tabla, Gurbaani, Simran, Ardaas, Gurmukhi, Sikh values and traditions.
* Develop leadership skills, learn public speaking, self defense and Panthak responsibility.
* Learn Gurdwara etiquettes, community service and Practice Nishan Sahib Parade.
* Practice Kesh-management & Turban tying. Enjoy delicious meals and snacks.
* Discuss Sikh things (DOST), ask questions, make new friends, swim and play games.
* Enjoy Khalsa Battery Charge, have fun at the camp-fire, the picnic and much more.
CAMP CERTIFICATE: Every camper will be presented with a beautiful certificate for having attended the camp.
ALL IIGS CAMPS ARE PURELY RELIGIOUS / SPIRITUAL RETREATS. POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS ARE STRICTLY DISALLOWED AT THE CAMPS. ALL THOSE WHO SMOKE, DRINK OR DO DRUGS ARE STRICTLY NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY IIGS CAMP